Welcome to Culham St Gabriel’s Trust. We are an endowed charitable foundation. The Trust is committed to providing teachers of religion and worldviews and other professionals with the support, connections, challenges and professional development they need. We want all partners, such as parents, school governors, faith/belief communities and policy makers, to be positively aware of the benefits of a high-quality study of religion and worldviews. We also support work that promotes the links between school ethos, values, leadership and school improvement.
Our vision is for broad-based, critical and reflective education in religion and worldviews contributing to a well-informed, respectful and open society.
The Trust works towards it vision by:
- Increasing public understanding of religion and worldviews education
- Engaging with, informing and influencing decision makers
- Creating well-informed, empowered and influential educationalists
- Establishing and building strategic and collaborative partnerships and networks
- Commissioning and publishing focused and accessible research
- Championing and developing inspired and well-resourced teaching and learning
Our mission is underpinned and expressed through our values, rooted in our Christian foundation. These are:
Integrity – We aim to be honest, ethical, authentic, kind, dependable and trustworthy in the way we work
Openness – We aim to be transparent; listening to others, valuing diversity and sharing our work
Stewardship – We aim to ensure a good return on our investments, and use time and resources effectively
Service – We aim to be responsive, generous and available to all our partners
Collaboration – We aim for positive relationships with an emphasis on partnership and collaborative working
Empowerment – We aim to facilitate others to grow in confidence, be creative and bring about change